The Cato Institute is seeking applications for a temporary worker to hire position located in DC as an Administrative Assistant. The position provides administrative support to the Executive Admin. The ideal candidate is someone who is organized, friendly, eager to help others, professional and punctual.
The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization—a think tank—dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets and peace. Its scholars and analysts conduct independent, nonpartisan research on a wide range of policy issues.
Founded in 1977, Cato owes its name to Cato’s Letters, a series of essays published in 18th-century England that presented a vision of society free from excessive government power. Those essays inspired the architects of the American Revolution. And the simple, timeless principles of that revolution — individual liberty, limited government, and free markets – turn out to be even more powerful in today’s world of global markets and unprecedented access to information than Jefferson or Madison could have imagined. Social and economic freedom is not just the best policy for a free people, it is the indispensable framework for the future. Cato Institute is an EOE.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the CEO and EVP
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: answering phones, photocopying, faxing, mailing, document creation/modification and filing (hard copy and electronic)
- Provide switchboard coverage from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Manage and reconcile expense reports and receipts
- Work with the mailroom and facilities as needed
- Assist development with a variety of projects
- Manage calendar of Executive VP to include coordinating executive meetings, arranging travel logistics, and managing meeting logistics
- Prepare correspondence and related materials for the Executive Vice President
- Serve as the acting Executive Assistant to the CEO when the incumbent is not onsite
- Process incoming checks and create daily deposit logs
- Maintain Members’ Only software with Cato Sponsor correspondence and in other areas where needed
- Must have a college degree and at least 1 year of complex administrative support
- Must have strong organizational, project management and communication skills
- Must have the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol
- Must be detail oriented and able to work well on a team
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service mentality with a proactive and positive “can-do” attitude